Wednesday 20 June 2018

Week Four

Below are my 36 textures. The first 3 columns are the words we were given - linear, rotational and scalar. I decided to use the words oscillate, displace and shuffle for the remaining half of the textures.


Keeping in mind that the textures should aid movement throughout the building, I chose the following three textures to apply to my design.

This texture implies movement in different directions, and I applied it on a few elements of the model, one of them being the elevator between the main walkway and the workshop/computer labs



I used this texture most heavily in the model, as I feel the design helps aid movement. This texture was used for the tunnel walkway between the Taree building, the new lecture hall and the other communal spaces, eg. Library and workshop/computer labs. 



This texture was applied in various areas of the model, mainly on the floor of the library and in the lecture theatre. This texture was a part of the 'shuffle' section of the textures, and thus applies better to areas with minimal movement rather than walkways.

No comments:

Post a Comment