Friday 23 March 2018

Week Three

Today as a group we came up with 36 words to describe materials, then developed each word into a texture, shown below with the corresponding word at the bottom of each scanned page.







I chose three textures that I thought worked well with my design concept for the building and applied them to appropriate surfaces in my building.

'Rough'
I applied the 'Rough' texture to the middle level to represent the rough contrast between the uniform geometry in the top level and the random and sharp shapes in the underground floor
'Fragmented'

I used the 'Fragmented' texture as a floor tile in the bottom floor, the Gucci workspace, as I felt like it was a bold and luxurious looking pattern, which reflects traits of the client's work
'Geometric'

I used the 'Geometric' texture on the floor for the top level, CJ Hendry's workspace, as it not only corresponds with the nature of the exterior and ceiling design, but also has a sharp and detailed design to reflect the client's work

I selected one image for each of the clients; for CJ Hendry I chose an artwork of hers depicting a Chanel perfume and for Gucci I chose a popular sneaker shoe from their collection.
Gucci sneaker

Gucci shoe on wall of Gucci workplace, to scale

CJ Hendry's hyperrealistic artwork


CJ Hendry artwork in her workspace (artwork placed to scale)

A short video that I feel relates to my scheme is 'Notes on a Triangle' by Rene Jodoin (1966), especially the bottom portion of my building as it explores the transformation of triangles to create sharp and outstanding shapes and patterns, as exhibited by the lower staircase and overall design of the underground level.


No comments:

Post a Comment